Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Planting Seeds

Yesterday I planted seeds for the first time in my life. I mean this in the most literal sense as I have planted an abundance of figurative seeds over the past year. They seem to be growing..... These figurative seeds have been marriage, home and family. The literal seeds were: chamomile, bergamont and holly hox. I married a beekeeper farmer last July and have been recently quite pleased to discover that I am really starting to get into this whole gardening thing. I have always had many houseplants that I have mostly managed to keep alive. I have planted pots with flowers for the minimal 'outside' areas I have had during my many years of apartment living (with very sad results). I never tried to grow anything I could actually eat and never started with the seeds of anything ever. Really, the mind boggles when you hold these minuscule things in the palm of your hand. I look forward to watching them grow....

No comments:

Post a Comment