This weekend I attended a conference for work. One of the break out sessions I went to mentioned a study in which a group of test subjects were asked to think of a few things that they were grateful for before going to bed each night. The results of the study showed decreased sleep problems, including nightmares and general increased feeling of life satisfaction. This got me thinking that maybe I should start a gratitude list journal. I have been meaning to get back to journaling and this seems like a good reason to start. I could just list 1 - 5 things that I am thankful for each might before bed. So, on that note, here are a few things I have been thinking of in no particular order:
1. My awesome husband
2. My amazing son
3. My home
4. Sunday night Inspector Lewis on PBS
5. Hot showers every morning - what a first world luxury this is!
6. Ground Hog Day - really! it's very existence makes me happy because it is just so odd and pagan in this technological, ideological world that we live in.
7. Autumn
8. Seeing movies in a movie theater
9. My friends - new and old
10. The ocean
Once I started going I couldn't stop at just 5. My list is all over the place but once I started thinking of what I was grateful for my mind went all over. You should try it! I think that I/you/we all could have a lot of fun thinking up even just one thing a day that I/you/we are grateful for. Give it a try, it is scientifically proven to improve you sleep and chase away those nightmares too!
No comments:
Post a Comment