Thursday, September 2, 2010

One glorious, terrifying year!

We recently celebrated William's 1st birthday - a little early because we will be camping this weekend with a few other families. I can hardly believe it has been a year already! Who can believe it is September already?! This time last year I was so uncomfortable and really ready to get the whole giving birth over already but scared to death about it too. I ended up being partially induced because I was a week over my due date. I say 'partially' because when I went in, a little after midnight on Sept 4th, 2009, I was already having contractions. They weren't very close together but too close for them to give me the medication to get things really rolling. I ultimately had a very speedy and uncomplicated delivery almost 24 hours later. When it finally happened ("transition" they call it) it was so fast there wasn't time for an epidural. I was happy about that after the fact because I had wanted to avoid it. At the time I would have had it if I could have: OUCH!

So, here we are one year later with an amazing, beautiful, happy, funny, bouncing (and walking) baby boy. He is also very flirtatious! He loves the pretty girls in the grocery store or wherever else we go. He really just loves people. When he was learning to walk he would walk right up (with Matt or I attached by his little hands grasping our fingers for balance) to strangers' tables in restaurants and smile up at people. This would force Matt and I to be way more socialable than we wanted to be. He certainly has changed our lives completely!

SO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE BUDDY! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment