Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Compared to Cancer and Meningitis things aren't so bad! AKA Happy Holidays! Post

So I recently deleted my last post because it was mostly a crybaby monologue, be it a funny one (thanks, Nathan & Susie!). I also got a very healthy dose of reality immediately following it's publication. I learned that a dear friend was in the hospital with viral meningitis and that my stepfather might have either liver or pancreatic cancer (luckily, it turns out neither). My petty complaints suddenly seemed exceedingly petty indeed. It is hard not feel like an asshole complaining about work stress, PMS, lack of sleep and on going bed bug worries when you are confronted with truly horrific news of loved one's real misfortunes. That being said I will simply bid you all Happy Holidays and Happy Solstice! I will post more soon when it is not such a mad frenzy of gift buying/wrapping and Christmas Eve dinner planning. We will be having 8 people over for Christmas Eve dinner at our very small house. In attendance will be my hubby's 90 year old Grandmother and my brother's 21 year old stripper girlfriend. Should make for quite a lively evening and an interesting follow-up blog post! So, stay tuned and ENJOY your holiday traditions with your friends and family. "Faithful friends who are dear to us gather near to us once more,".

No comments:

Post a Comment